PURPOSE: Our purpose is to glorify God, love people, share the Gospel and make disciples.
VISION: God is leading us to be:
A praying church
An equipping church
A missionary producing church
A regional church
A producer of satellite ministries
A comprehensive church that serves all ages
Our vision is to build upon a strong foundation of biblical teaching, worship, prayer and fellowship to new levels of obedience and ministry impact. That we would be a place where people come together, experience a life-changing God, are free to worship Him deeply and equipped to serve Him passionately.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible and only authoritative Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16; (1 Peter 1:21)
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. (1 John 5:7)
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal visible return in power and glory. (John 20:30-31)
4. We believe in the Holy Spirit, who came forth from God to convince the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment; and in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life. (John 16:8-10; I Cor. 3:16, 6:19; Romans 8:4-8)
5. We believe that all men are by nature and by choice sinners; and that for the Salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential; and that this Salvation can only be attained through personal faith in Christ. (Romans 5:12-19; I John 3:5-8; Titus 3:5)
6. We believe in the Eternal Security of all who are actually born again by the Spirit of God through faith in Christ as revealed in the Scriptures and that it is the privilege of all such to be assured of their present Salvation and eternal safety. (John 5:24, 10:28-29; II Tim. 1:12; Phil. 1:6; Rom. 8:33-39)
7. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. We believe that the saved will live eternally with Christ in Heaven and that the lost will live eternally without God in hell. (John 5:28-29; Matt. 25:46; I Thessalonians 4:17; Rev. 20:11-15, 21:8, 22:11)
8. We believe in the Church--a living, spiritual body of which Christ is the Head and of which all regenerated people are members. We believe that a visible church is a company of believers in Jesus Christ, buried with Him in baptism and associated for worship, work and fellowship. We believe that to these visible churches were committed, for observance, “Till He Come,” the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper; and that God has laid upon these churches the task of persuading a lost world to accept Jesus Christ as Savior and to enthrone Him as Lord and Master. (Eph. 1:22, 5:23; 1 Cor. 1:2, 12:13-27, 15:26; Acts 2:47; Matt. 28:19)
9. We believe that each church is independent and autonomous, and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority; that therefore functions of church and state must be kept separate, each fulfilling its duties free from the dictation or patronage of the other. (Matt. 22:17-21)
10. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Christ. (I Cor. 12:12-2 7)
11. We believe that there is a personal devil, and that he is the archenemy of God and man, and that he is the present god of this age, “The Prince of the Power of the Air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience.” We believe that Christ has defeated him ‘on the cross, and that the believer can share that victory by faith. (Eph. 2:2; II Cor. 4:4)
12. We believe this present age will end with the imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, first to receive His Church unto Himself and later to establish the throne of David upon the earth and to reign in righteousness over it for a thousand years. (II Sam. 7:16; Ps. 72:7-8; Is. 9:6-7; Micah 5:2; Luke 1:32-33; John 14:1-3; Acts 1:10-11; 1 Thes. 4:13-18; Heb. 9:28; Titus 2:13)
STEPS FOR MEMBERSHIP AT EABC
* Attend New Members Class 101
* Fill out and turn in “Request for Membership”
* Interview with Elders' Board
* Church members vote on acceptance at next business meeting.
* Receive Right Hand of Fellowship (not required for actual membership)
Baptism is required for membership
Spiritual Growth Classes:
Membership - 101
This class is for anyone interested in becoming a member at EABC. The class will introduce who we are, what we believe and where we are going.
Spiritual Maturity - 201
This class will help you to enhance your spiritual journey with the four habits that encourage spiritual growth.
Spiritual Ministry - 301
This class will help you discover your gifts, find your passion and find the ministry that is right for you.
Impacting Your World - 401
This class will help you learn how to share your faith and effectively share the Gospel.
For more information about Spiritual Classes contact the church office at 782-0348.